This Cauliflower Pizza recipe is by far one of my most favorite things to make in the kitchen. Believe or not, the ingredients in this recipe bake a delicious crust. You might think that cauliflower would ruin a pizza, but in fact, it makes a delicious pizza topping. This Cauliflower Pizza recipe is very simple to make and I can honestly tell you that it’s great to share with family and friends. Please enjoy and don’t forget to comment and share!
Chrissy Fun Food Fact
If sunlight were able to penetrate the thick leaves of a cauliflower it would become inedible. In fact, the cauliflower is techniqcally an underdeveloped flower. This vegetable comes in a few different colors including, orange, green and purple. The average size of a cauliflower is approximately 1 pound, but in 2014 Peter Glazerbrook broke the world record for growing a 60 pound cauliflower.
- 1 Small to Medium Head of Cauliflower
- 1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Egg
- Place a pizza stone in the oven, or baking sheet if you don’t have a pizza stone. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On a cutting board, place a large piece of parchment paper and spray it with nonstick cooking oil. Don’t forget this step or your pizza crust will be difficult to cut.
- Wash and thoroughly dry a small head of cauliflower. Cut off the florets which will be what you use to make the pizza. Pulse in your food processor for about 30 seconds, then microwave for 4 minutes and let it cool.
- Once the cauliflower is cool enough to handle, wrap it up in the dish towel and squeeze all of the excess water out into the sink.
- Then dump the cauliflower into a bowl and add 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt, and a dash of red pepper if you want.
- Now add your egg and mix away. Hands tend to work best.
- Pour the ingredients onto the parchment paper you prepared earlier and then pat it down thoroughly until it is tightly packed together. Be cautious not to make it too thick or too thin, or it will not cook properly.
- Bake for 8 – 11 minutes, until it starts to turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and add your sauce of choice and toppings. Spread your sauce on the crust, whether its red sauce or olive oil and garlic for white sauce and then add any other topping you would like.
- Once you’ve completed that place it back in the oven for about 8-10 min.Enjoy!