Hello, avocados! This Baked Parmesan Avocado Egg recipe is a healthy, simple, delicious, and fun snack that easy to make. This snack is filled with flavor and the wonderful egg. Eggs are a great source of protein, and sometimes having scrambled eggs and hard boiled eggs gets boring, so this is a nice twist.
Chrissy Fun Food Fact:
Avocados: This fruit belongs to the Genus Persea in the Lauraceae family. The most popular variety of avocado, the Hass, was discovered in the backyard of a mailman named Rudolph Hass in California in the 1930’s. This fruit is protein filled, containing 4 grams, loaded with fiber, healthy omega 3 fatty acids and vitamins A, C, E, and potassium. Also, on Super Bowl Sunday, on average, 53.5 million pounds of guacamole is consumed.
Baked Parmesan Avocado Egg Ingredients:
- 1 avocado
- 2 eggs
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- pinch of parmesan cheese
- pinch of basil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut your avocado in half to 2 pieces (the long way).
3. Using a spoon, make the hole from the avocado pit slightly larger. This is where the egg yoke will go. Note: You want avocado to be between the skin so don’t over remove avocado.
4. Crack your egg into your half of avocado. 1 egg per half. It’s best to put the yolk in first and then fill the rest with egg white.5. Add a pinch of salt, basil, and pepper to both halves
6. Add a pinch of parmesan cheese to the top
7. Bake for 15-20 min (or until egg is cooked)
8. Broil on high for 1 minute9. Serve, enjoy !!