Kale and Artichoke Dip Recipe
I love artichoke dip, and I was excited to try this Kale and Artichoke Dip recipe. I absolutely love modifying ingredients to make them a healthier version to help maintain a better healthier you. This healthy version of artichoke dip is a great appetizer for entertaining or for football Sunday. I as well added the wonderful green, kale.
Chrissy Fun Food Fact
Artichokes: The artichoke is a flower bud which has not yet bloomed which originated in the Mediterranean. One plant can only produce up to 20 artichokes per year. Artichokes were brought to the USA in the 19th century by French and Spanish immigrants, and it has become a staple in many recipes. The Greek and Romans considered the artichoke to be an aphrodisiac, and until the 16th-century women were prohibited from eating them because of those properties.
- 1/4 cup low fat cottage cheese
- dash of salt
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup of almond milk
- 3 cups of kale
- 4oz of fat-free cream cheese
- 14 oz artichoke hearts
- Other: chips/ crackers to dip (not included on nutrition)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Soften your cream cheese (microwave for about 30 seconds or until soft).
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Place ingredients in a glass baking dish (spray with non-stick before adding your ingredients).
- Cover your dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees.
- After 20 minutes mix your ingredients around to make sure everything is evenly cooked. (You may add some more shredded cheese to the top if wanted)
- Bake for another 10 minutes.