Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie
This is a simple, yet delicious vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe. Being vegan doesn’t mean it has to be boring or tasteless. This is my go-to chocolate cookie recipe and it’s a hit with my vegan and nonvegan friends. These cookies are perfect and great with a cold glass of almond milk. Also, I was pleasantly surprised when my husband said they were delicious, and his eyes widened when he took a bite.
Chrissy Fun Food Fact
Baking soda: is a chemical with the formula NaHC03 (Sodium bicarbonate). It’s primarily used in cooking and baking, and a great cleaning substitute. This ingredient is a weak acid and it makes cakes, cookies, and helps bread rise. This chemical reaction is instant, so when mixing this in your recipes it’s best to cook or complete the meal right away before the reaction ends. When you bake with baking soda, the heat from the oven produces an additional reaction releasing more carbon.
½ cup of almond milk
¼ cup of brown sugar
1 cup of whole wheat flour
¼ of sugar
3 tbs of olive oil
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
½ tsp salt
1 tsp of baking soda
¼ cup of dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, add all ingredients together besides the chocolate chips and blend.
- Once blended add the chocolate chips and blend again.
- On a cookie sheet, line with aluminum foil/wax paper and spray with nonstick spray.
- Roll cookie mix into small balls (approx 12 rounded balls).
- Make sure to leave about 3” between each cookie ball.
- Bake for 8-10 min (or until the edges of the cookies are cooked).