Eating clean is one of the hardest things to stay focused, disciplined and motivated to do. This recipe, clean eating turkey meat loaf, has been an amazing life savior for some change in my diet.
Ground turkey is a great source of lean protein. In 4oz of ground turkey, there is a whopping 22g of protein. It is definitely nice to have a change in how you prepare the ground turkey. Meatloaf is so easy to make and I have made a version where its clean for any person who is competing in a fitness competition, or just someone looking to have a healthy delicious meal.
What’s also great about this recipe is it’s utilizes the wonderful invention, the crock pot. Now, who doesn’t love putting it all together, and then just leaving it there to cook to then come home to a healthy warm cooked meal.
Chrissy Fun Food Fact:
Turkey: The turkey is an animal which is actually capable of flying in the wild. Domestic turkeys are too fat and are unable to fly, which inhibits the use of their breast muscles. Since they don’t utilize their breast muscles, the breast of the turkey is white meat (and wild turkey is a darker breast meat ). Inside turkey meat, there is a natural chemical called tryptophan which helps build proteins in our bodies.
-2lbs of Ground Turkey
-1/2 Cup of Quick Oats
-1/2 Cup of Almond Milk (0 sugar)
-2 Tablespoons Bells Seasoning
-1/2 Yellow Onion
-Dash of Sea Salt
-Dash of Pepper
1. Set up your crock pot. Spray the bottom with non-stick spray. Set on high for 4 hours.
2. Chop up your onion finely. In a pan, brown your onion with non-stick spray.
3. Wisk 1 egg. In a large bowl add the egg.
4. In the large bowl add all your other ingredients. Add your turkey, salt, pepper, bells, onion, milk and quick oats.
5. Mix Well.
6. Build a loaf from your ingredients.
7. Place your meatloaf into your crock pot.
8. (Optional) Take 1-2 red or sweet potatoes. Cut into 2″ thick pieces and place around your meat loaf.
9. Cook on high for 4 hours.
10. Enjoy !!