Hi there, my name is Chrissy Martin and I am from the great little state of Rhode Island. Just to tell you a little about myself, I’m now 31 (OMG I can’t believe that time flies), I am happily married for a little over 2 years to a wonderful man who is my best friend. We have a little dog, named Chloe who is our fur baby for sure. I work full time as a certified Prosthetist making prosthetic limbs for patients who have lost their limbs. I love being able to help others and that is why I think I have always been a great person to confide, help motivate and be compassionate towards others. I as well have a HUGE passion for fitness, being healthy, and being helping others reach their goals.
Where did my passion for fitness and healthy lifestyle come from? I would say, It started when I did pageantry, a few years ago, and there was the dreaded swimsuit competition. No one wanted to go on stage uncomfortable in their own skin, so that would test me and push me to make sure I felt awesome on stage. Then last fall when I did 2 fitness competitions my passion and love for fitness grew to its max. I knew that doing a fitness competition would be a great adventure and one that would push me both mentally and physically.
I have been eating healthy for some time, but last fall it tested my limits and self-control. I’m telling you, seeing donuts and pastries at work every Friday morning for staff meetings was tough, I was the weirdo smelling the box, haha. I fell in love with the process and the hard work it took to change your body inside and out. This wasn’t just physical its mental too. It was a hard process and I don’t recommend fitness competitions for everyone. We all have our own personal goals 🙂
I always watch what I eat about 90% of the time so I can splurge the other 10% because I LOVE sweets and sugar. I now have the determination, motivation, and self-control to monitor what I eat and realize everything I do affects my body. Every time you eat it’s an opportunity to nourish your body. I truly believe that a healthy outside starts from the inside. I have never been an athlete growing up, and I never had specific training on being healthy, but it has been a huge part of my life and I wanted to share my journey.
Being healthy has helped me in many ways. I feel more energetic, I feel more accomplished throughout the day, I feel less tired, My skin is clearer, I feel stronger, and most importantly feel great overall compared to before I committed to a fitness/healthy routine. Fitness is not about being better than someone else. It’s about being better than you used to be!
See what people are saying about FitChrissy!
Elyssa Dealmedia (RI)
Christine and I met in high school when we played field hockey together. Even back then she was very motivational to teammates and always had a smile on her face. We reconnected after college and Christine has helped me a lot in my fitness journey. It is great to be able to go to her with questions on exercise and diet. Further, just like in high school she is always inspiring me with her positivity and drive! I find it so helpful to have her as an accountability buddy and mentor as I strive to become more fit!
Sarah MacDonald (RI)
Christine is a great motivator and has some of the best focus and routine I have seen. Her determination is a great model for all and I feel it works to help the whole team stay motivated!!
Jack Mitchell (RI)
Oh here’s a new review as well : Christine is very motivational and always positive! Her frequent friendly reminders were helpful, especially on weeks when I was slacking.
Jordyn Fassett (Washington)
Working with Christine has been great. Shes always so motivated and positive and it makes me want to do the same. I always feel like she is committed to me and all of us ok our goals to getting fit.
Pricilla Colon (Connecticut)
Its been great working with Christine. I thank her for motivating me to keep it up.
Check out my lastest post
Do We Need Rest Days From Lifting? The Short Answer is YES! Thinking about taking a week off from the gym and working out?? Well, today I'm going to discuss what happens when we take a well deserved week off from lifting and gym time. I know it can be tough to take a...read more